Business- Plan, Execution and Acceleration

On the book titled"The Technology Entrepreneur's Guidebook",specifically:
"Entrepreneurship" By Reggie Aggarwal and Mark Esposito∗ 
AND
"A Sensible Approach to Writing a Good Business Plan" By Mark Jauquet∗


These articles were all they promised in the introduction, and then some. They were simple, clear, direct and, real-life-experience relevant. Although I do not know that I will pursue a technology startup, in the end I was convinced, more than ever, in my desire to be an entrepreneur. I stress the words, in the end, because I started convinced and went for a bit of rollercoaster ride of thought and consideration as the content dictated. I believe this was the promise and intent of the author. Not to convince me that I wanted to be an entrepreneur, but to tell of the person and pursuit of it and guide a decision.  

Through the course of the reading, and in few pages, I got a real idea of the kind of person it takes to be an entrepreneur. It takes a person with drive, commitment, optimism, sacrifice and belief; as the author's put it, it takes "a special kind of irrational exuberance". I believe in many ways they were describing me as to the type of person they described. That is why I am convinced this is what I want to do. 

The Entrepreneur article was good, but it was the business plan discussion was the rollercoaster or realization part. It made me think carefully. It as was broadly thorough in encapsulating the business plan considerations, keeping focus on the goal, audience, life and end state of the plan. It told the story-like intent of the plan, in that all pieces had a necessary distinction yet complementary role. The advice given kept the focus on the audience and the goal at each step. For example, each step told the what, how and who by subject but kept focus on keeping and directing the audience to a hopeful complete consideration of the plan. I really benefited from this reading.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funding The Business

Startup Dotcom - The GovWorks

Protecting IP